Guide to form FSN 1226
Here we shed some light on which information to submit so that we can processs your application in the best possible way.
But before you start filling in the form, take a peek into our control issues regarding the remuneration rate.
swedish identity number
- If you have a Swedish personal identity number or a Swedish coordination number, fill it in.
- It is all good if you do not possess one yet. We will be happy if you state your date of birth instead.
day of arrival in sweden
- If you are already here when you apply, fill in your date of entry.
- If you are outside Sweden when you apply, fill in the date on which you expect to arrive here.
Estimated duration of stay in Sweden
- One of the conditions for tax relief is that you do not intend to stay in Sweden for more than seven years. Please note that the application form has not yet been updated and incorrectly states five years.
- Fill in how long you plan to stay here.
Has been a permanent or habitual resident (normally for six months) in Sweden at some time during the five years preceding the year in which the work commenced?
- “Habitual resident” refers to someone who stays in Sweden for at least six months in a row.
- If you have made short interruptions in a six-months stay here for visits abroad, your status as a ”habitual resident” in Sweden is not affected.
- Nor is it affected if your stay here have covered a year-end.
- Another case in point where you may be deemed as a “habitual resident” is if you have made regular visits to Sweden over a longer period, although each individual visit was shorter than six months.
- If you have stayed in Sweden at some time over the relevant five-year period and feel unsure about the impact of your visit or visits, please attach a brief résumé of your visits (dates, duration, and frequency).
Date of commencement of work in Sweden
- Fill in the date stated in your employment contract.
- If you started working in Sweden on a different date, fill it in.
- Fill in the postal address (not the street address!).
- Fill in “Attn: NN”, if you want your mail to go to a particular person.
- Fill in service, division, department, faculty and such, if you feel that there is a need.
Contact person or representative
- It is helpful if someone among the employer’s personnel, who is familiar with the recruitment or tasks at issue, acts as contact person.
- By “representative” we mean someone, for example a lawyer, who is authorized to act for you or your employer.
- It is optional to engage a representative, leave the box empty if you do not have one.
- If you or your employer have a representative, fill in his or her postal address and contact details.
- If you prefer that we connect directly with you, fill in your contact details.
Salary and other remuneration for work
Contractually stipulated gross remuneration for work
- If you and your employer have agreed on a gross remuneration, fill in your gross monthly salary, benefits and other monthly gross remunerations.
- If you and your employer have agreed on a net remuneration, you must transform the relevant monthly net amounts to gross ones.
- Calculate the gross amounts as if you already enjoyed tax relief.
- Then fill in the calculated gross amounts.
- Present your calculation in the field ”Type of benefits and calculation of value” or attach it to your application.
The amounts must be made evident in the employment contract or similar document
- Before anything else, if you plan to provide your input later on always check the box ”Attachments will be sent later”.
- The amounts you specify in the field ”Salary and other remuneration for work” must be supported by your employment contract or similar document.
- The employment contract and other documents you refer to must be submitted to us.
Application made by
application made by
- Fill in if the application is made by you, your employer or you both.
- No need to sign.
- If only one of you applies, that is just fine.